Friday, January 13, 2012

journey in our spirit...

Few things make me feel a jump on the inside. But there are a few... a kiss from my wife, a moment of snuggling with my daughter, my son actually making the shot, the first hint of a Christmas carol played at a store, the first coolness of the fall, the first warmth of the spring... The Spirit moves within our spirits as we experience the goodness and joy of God's good gifts on this earth. Oftentimes, however, the One thing or the One Name that my spirit sometimes is immune to is the One Name it should respond to the most.  

Mr. Beaver was quite excited to tell the Sons of Adam and the Daughters of Eve that Aslan was on the move. And Lewis writes eloquently about what happened in the spirit of the children at the sheer mention of the name of Aslan. "And now a very curious thing happened. None of the children knew who Aslan was any more than you do; but the moment the Beaver had spoken these words everyone felt quite different... At the name of Aslan each one of the children felt something jump in his inside." I long to feel my spirit jump at the sheer mention of the Name of Jesus. I long to feel my spirit jump as I experience his presence. I long for the response a mere child can give at the mention of His Name.

This scene in Lewis' masterpiece reminds me of an account in the beginning of Luke's Gospel. In this account, Mary, the soon to be mother of Jesus, goes to visit her very pregnant relative Elizabeth. As soon as Mary, bearing Christ, enters the home Elizabeth 'feels something jump inside' or as Luke puts it "... the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit... and she exclaimed, 'As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy". Those that truly experience the Name and the Power of Jesus respond inside. It is inevitable.

May the Name of Jesus move your spirit to jump within you...      

No comments:

Post a Comment